Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

WLJ - Day 5

Day #5: One Step at a Time…
After a long day at the beach, it is now time to move away from the water and drive inland, through the middle of the south island. You are going to start in Nelson and drive south before crossing a huge mountain range called the ‘Southern Alps.’ The scenery is going to be amazing!
Activity 1: After a few hours in the car, you, your group and Curious Kiwi arrive at your first stop – The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve. It is a beautiful, regional park located at the base of the Southern Alps. You and your group get out of the van and follow Curious Kiwi. He is going to lead you on a short walk through the park. As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest.
For this activity write a short story (8-10 sentences) about what might happen next. Please be sure to include lots of details about what you might be feeling, seeing and doing after you realise that you are all alone in the forest...

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\NZ Map - Schematic.png




As I was on my own in the middle of a forest trying to find my group! I was scared which is why I heard something pouncing very quietly behind me, I thought it was my last few moments but it was a tourist and his own group who was exploring the forest. I asked if he saw another group go by and asked for directions, and then he said yes! I was relieved and also asked if he had a map of the forest if he had one. Relievingly he gave me one incase I was lost again and if it was the wrong group. As he gave me the directions I did what he asked and finally I found my group again! I finally learned my lesson that I should focus on my group rather than something else!

15 comments:

  1. Malo Lelei Sarah,
    My Name is Lusia and I'm a Year 8 student from St Pius X Catholic School.
    I love your writing, Really specific and flows perfectly clear!
    Great to see you participating in the Winter learning Journey.
    P.S I am a Tongan/Samoan girl,
    I can speak in Tongan!

    Have a great day,
    Lusia Pahulu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks Luisa! And plus what's your blog? And plus thanks for that comment it really inspired! Thanks so much

      Delete
  2. Hey Sarah,

    I loved your story. It was very interesting and fun to read. 2 more days and your finished with the WLJ. Keep up the amazing work! :)

    Regards,
    Telesia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Talofa Sarah,

    Great to see you participating through the Winter Learning Journey programme. I really enjoyed reading your story. I agree, it is important to focus on your group before getting lost. Often we get so excited to see everything when we are out on trips that we forget to keep an eye on our group. I love how you asked a tourist for help and used the map to find your way back to your group. Seeing other groups of people in the forest that can help and guide you back to your group can be such a relief because it makes you feel at ease knowing that you are not alone in the forest. Keep up the good work Sarah.

    I look forward to reading more interesting facts.

    Good luck,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah
    Your story is great! I like how you included a tourist - that was a great idea! Keep up the amazing work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi that was really cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. stop commenting piper N

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is amazing work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sarah i like what you are doing with the wintwer learning jorney

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Sarah nice work iv'e been seing you do lots and lots of blog posting

    ReplyDelete
  10. well that picture of aoteroa looks cools keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.